The Criminal Courts Bar Association Welcomes
Mr. Earley was the first attorney to try a death penalty case in the state
of California. During his career he has tried over 300 jury trials in
Riverside County and Orange County.
"CONNECTING TO JURORS WITH EMPATHY NOT SYMPATHY"
**CHANGE OF DATE **
Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Board Meeting at 6:00 p.m.
Cocktails/Reception at 6:30 p.m.
Dinner Meeting begins promptly at 7:00 p.m.
$40 per person (checks made out to "Criminal Courts Bar Association")
Taix French Restaurantt
1911 W. Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Reservations advised. Pay by credit card online or at meeting.
Dinner meetings (locations, speakers & topics to be announced)
Moments from the CCBA 2018 65th Annual Awards Dinner:
- Outgoing 2017 President Evan P. Freed received recognition for his contributions to CCBA
- Attorney Michael L. Kogan received the Morton Herbert Award for Outstanding
- Attorney Robert J. Wilson received the Joseph Rosen Award for Lifetime
- Attorney Christopher C. Chaney received the Jerry Giesler Award for Trial
Attorney of the Year
- Detective Michael Bender received the Johnnie Cochran Jr. Award for the
Relentless Pursuit of Justice
- Honorable Frederick N. Wapner received the Honorable Robert Takasugi Award
for Judicial Excellence
- Honorable Steve Cooley received the President's Award for Exceptional
Contributions to the Criminal Justice System.
Our 2018 Annual Awards Dinner was documented by two outstanding photographers:
Charleystar [LINK] was the official event photographer. If you would like to browse, download
or purchase photos of the event, go to
In addition, as a special treat we had
Pic Me Photo Booth [LINK] providing instant candid photos. If anyone had their photos taken at
the Photo Booth and would like the links to the photos and prints that
you can browse or download, please email
email@example.com and you will be provided with the link.